IN THE KITCHEN
- Flour 2 cups 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable shortening; cold 3/4 cup
- Ice Water 6+ tablespoons
1. Whisk flour and salt together in medium mixing bowl.
2. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until resembles large peas.
3. Add water tablespoon at a time just until mixture comes off sides of bowls.
4. Form dough into a ball, divide in half and gently form discs.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes before rolling it out. If saving for another day, let dough sit out at room temperature until manageable.
Tag me in your photos or story - I love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | email@example.com