These smothered in homemade BBQ sauce are a win!
Just in time for game day #SuperBowl2020
Serve as an appetizer or make meatball sub sandwiches for a weeknight entrée
- Food processor
- Knife and butcher block
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Cast iron pan (or a ovenproof pan)
IN THE KITCHEN
- Bacon 8 strips
- Yellow onion 1/2
- Ground beef (or elk!) 1 pound
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Italian parsley 3 tablespoons chopped
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil
1. Add bacon and onion in the food processor for 30 seconds.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, add bacon and onion mix and stir together.
3. Roll into 1" balls.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350.
5. Heat ovenproof pan over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil and let it get hot. Add meatballs (don't overcrowd - you may have to do a couple batches) and brown - flipping after a few minutes.
6. Remove from heat and transfer pan into the oven. Cook meatballs for 15 or so minutes until fully cooked.
7. Remove from oven and smother with that homemade BBQ sauce you made :) Top with parsley!