Scallops take only minutes to cook so start with your risotto first!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 7 minutes
- Non stick pan
- Kitchen knife
IN THE KITCHEN
- Olive Oil 3 tablespoons
- Yellow onion or Shallots 1/3 cup chopped
- Garlic; minced 2 cloves
- Arborio Rice 1 cup
- White Wine 1/4 cup
- Chicken Broth 2.5 cups +
- Parmesan [Valley Ford "ESTERO GOLD" RESERVE]1.5 cups shredded
- Scallops 8
- Olive Oil 2 tablespoons
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Lemon zest 1 small lemon
- Lemon juice 1 small lemon
- White wine 2 tablespoons
- Green onions 2 mincedLETS COOK
Make your risotto first (~30 minutes)
1. Add olive oil to medium saute pan.
2. Add onion and garlic letting cook for a few minutes.
3. Add arborio rice, letting parts get a golden color. Slowly pour in wine and let this evaporate.
4. Turn heat down and begin to add chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time letting cook into your rice before adding more.
5. Continue adding until your rice is cooked through. Stir in cheese and let melt to finish your rissotto.
1. Pat your scallops dry.
2. Heat oil in a large non stick pan over medium. Sprinkle scallops with some salt and add to hot pan.
3. Cook 3-4 minutes then flip. Cook for another 2 minutes then set on a paper towel. They'll be golden brown and have an opaque middle!
4. In the same pan, melt butter. Which in lemon juice, zest, white wine and onions.
5. Top your risotto with scallops and drizzle with your lemon sauce!
I roasted broccolini to compliment 🖤Tag me in your photos or story - I'd love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | email@example.com