A yearly tradition for a special friends birthday 🥳
You can use this recipe for carrot cake as well!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25-30 minutes
- Large and medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Cupcake pan and wrappers
- Mesh strainer
IN THE KITCHEN
- Eggs 4
- Granulated sugar 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil 1 cup
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 2 teaspoons
- All spice 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated carrots 3 cupsFrosting
- Cream cheese 16 ounces, room temperature
- Unsalted butter 1 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar 4 cups
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and vegetable oil in large mixing bowl.
3. In your medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt together.
4. Add flour mix to wet ingredients, slowly beating until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in the grated carrots.
5. Fill lined cupcake pan 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes (a toothpick could come out clean!)
6. Remove from oven and let cool as your make the frosting.
7. Beat cream cheese alone until smooth. Add butter and vanilla extract, beating to combine.
8. Sift powdered sugar and beat until creamy/smooth.
9. Apply to cooled cupcakes - if pipping, chill to firm slightly before frosting.
10. Add a dash of cinnamon to top these off! 😄Tag me in your photos or story - I'd love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | firstname.lastname@example.org