Classic Caesar Dressing + Salad
Homemade caesar dressing completes romaine. This recipe is so easy to throw together you'll be wondering why you ever used store bought! Note: this recipe is all based on your taste preference. I tend to add more lemon + garlic and always start off with less mayonnaise because you can always add more.
- Mason jar with lid (or any container that can be sealed tight)
- Medium Bowl
- Cutting Board
IN THE KITCHEN
For the Dressing
- Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce splashes to taste (~6-8)
- Anchovy Paste to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese 2-3 tbsp
- Garlic your hearts desire (~3 cloves)
- Lemon 1
- Ground Pepper to taste
For the Salad
- Romaine Lettuce 3 heads
- Croutons Handful
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup
1. Let's make the dressing first. Add mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and anchovy paste to the mason jar.
2. Next, squeeze in fresh lemon juice and add the parmesan cheese and pepper.
3. Mince as much garlic as you wish.
4. Tighten jar with lid + shake what your mamma gave ya! Taste and adjust flavor with any of the listed ingredients. It's all based on your preference!
5. Wash and chop the romaine lettuce to bite size pieces. Add to medium bowl.
6. Pour in as much dressing as you like. Toss in parmesan cheese.
7. Top with croutons when ready to serve to prevent them getting soggy.