IN THE KITCHEN
- Butter 6 tablespoons cut up; room temperature
- Active dry yeast 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Eggs 2
- Flour 3 1/4 cups
- Poppy seeds 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Butter 4 tablespoons; room temp
- Cinnamon 2 teaspoons
- Blueberries 2 cups
- Cream cheese 4 ounces, room temperature
- Powered sugar 1 cups
- Vanilla 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon zest 1 lemon
- Lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- Poppy seeds sprinkle
1. Combine butter, sugar, milk and one egg in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda to bowl. Mix together with your hands to create a dough.
3. Knead dough on a floured surface until soft; not sticky.
4. Put dough in a clean, dry bowl and cover tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 14).
5. Make the filling by combining brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. You can double this if you don't think it's enough.
6. When ready to bake, roll dough in a flour dusted surface into a large rectangular shape.
7. Spread filling and scatter blueberries on top.
8. Tightly roll from the long end. Cut into 8 pieces and carefully put in a 9x13 baking dish. There will be room, but don't worry. They spread when baked.
9. Let rise for an hour and a half at room temp.
10. Heat oven to 375°.
11. Beat remaining egg and brush all over the rolls.
12. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
13. Make the frosting while the rolls cool.
14. Sift powered sugar over cream cheese. Add vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and mix.
15. Frost and top with poppy seeds. Enjoy!Tag me in your photos or story - I'd love to hear what you think!
@diginwithekelsey | firstname.lastname@example.org